Apr 23, 2011

11 months and counting.. :)

We have a very short trip back home last March to spend time with Mama for her 50th birthday (post birthday celebration). We have a short 5 day stay and we have to squeeze in some days for wedding preps. :)

Straight from the airport, we headed to Zambales for us to spend time with the family, see the farm and most importantly, for him to meet grandma and the rest of the family. First 3 days has been quite relaxing..slept almost the whole day on our first day, went to the beach on Saturday and headed back to Manila by Sunday.


The next day, we met with our coordinator, Marianne Chua. She is quite nice although she is not as bubbly as I expected to be. Maybe because it is just our first meeting or I am just to hyper for her. hehehe. We went to Juan Carlo first and got some freebies like free tiffany chairs, medium chocolate fondue, pasta bar, dessert bar and we got the 'under the sea' backdrop without paying the upgrade charge. We are also quite relieved that JC can do the ceremony setup as well although it is quite pricey i must say. But we are just thinking that if we get another supplier then we might end up paying the same amount because of out of town charge. JC has an office in batangas therefore no OOT charge..woohoo!! :) We paid for the downpayment and we're off to the next supplier.

Next stop..Gretchen Pichay. We have difficulty locating her place. Since no one among us knows where exactly it is (including manong taxi driver), we spent extra 15-20 mins just roaming, turning back and asking around for directions. When we finally arrived, Gretchen is still with a client. When it is finally our turn, we are greeted by a petite chinita looking lady. Gretchen looks so young!! She reminded me of my blockmate before in college because of the way she speaks..it is so conio! hehehe :) We discussed the specifics I want and I do not want in my wedding dress. She made a few suggestions, mainly on the material and design of the skirt. I do have a few reservations but i guess you really have to trust the designer. Especially that I really do not have much idea on fabrics and material. So I leave it all to her and she assured me it would very nice. It terms of price, it hit the max of our budget. Well, better than over the budget right? :)

Next day, I went to the house of Kuya Mike and Ate Chie of Contech, our lights and sounds supplier. After some side stories and chicas, I paid for the 50% dp and we are now officially booked. Kuya Mike and Ate Chie are good family friends and I am comfortable and at peace if they will manage lights and sounds for our wedding.

After Contech, I went straight to our entourage gown supplier..New Creations by Evelyn Guerrero. I have been friends with her daughter and their family goes to the same church as ours. Plus their shop is quite known to make good dresses in our place. We have a quick chat of what are my ideas and colors for the gowns. She gave me some swatches and we will be meeting up again on or next trip to finalize the designs.

It has been a very productive 5 days. I'm now excited for our trip on May. We have more time and hopefully we can finalize more by then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

When is my wedding